02 May MUSIC VIDEO INITIATIVE
The Kingston Film Office and the Kingston Canadian Film Festival are excited to announce the second edition of the KINGSTON MUSIC VIDEO INITIATIVE. Once again, local film production companies will receive financing to create new music videos featuring some of Kingston’s top emerging bands/musicians! This initiative connects the film and music scenes, encourages local production, and provides a free, professionally made music video for area musicians. All greenlit videos will premiere at the Kingston Canadian Film Festival in March 2023.
LAUNCH MIXER on June 2nd
KCFF and KFO will be announcing full details for local production companies and musicians at a free information session and networking mixer on June 2nd. This is an opportunity to learn more about the opportunity, ask questions, meet production companies and local musicians, and express your interest in getting involved or participating. We will also unveil a handful of returning production companies. There are limited spots, so preregister for the info session HERE.
The application portal with full eligibility requirements for interested local production companies and musicians will launch during this event, so be sure to attend!
Preliminary Criteria for Application
Production Companies – may apply starting June 3rd
- Full or part-time professional company
- Properly insured for production
- Operating address within Kingston or surrounding area
- History of working with film permits and within Kingston Film Policy guidelines (www.filminkingston.ca)
(Production companies will be confirmed by the KFO on an ongoing basis until July 31, 2022)
Musicians – may apply starting June 3rd
- Based in Kingston or surrounding area
- Interested in shooting a video for a new original song
- Hold rights or permission for the song being utilized
- Agree to release the video at the 2023 Kingston Canadian Film Festival
(Musicians will be selected by production companies in collaboration with KFO and KCFF by August 31, 2022)
For more information or to sign-up for future updates, email email@example.com
And don’t forget to preregister for the info session to learn more!