23 Feb Festival Hacks for maximizing your KCFF experience!
With the Festival starting next week, we’ve been chatting to long-time festival goers and first-timers planning out their festival travels. With KCFF only happening once a year, it’s natural to have a few questions. We’ve compiled some FAQs and come up with a few tips, tricks, and hacks for maximizing your KCFF experience.
1) Follow us on social! We’ll keep you up-to-date with the Festival in real time
3) The schedule is busy, but we’ve intentionally built time for you to travel in between venues or grab a quick meal from one of our great restaurant sponsors (wink! wink!).
4) Where are the venues? Most are downtown, with The Screening Room and Baby Grand only a couple blocks apart. The Isabel is about a 5 minute drive from downtown, a 30 minute walk or a two-stop express bus away.
5) When do I need to arrive? That’s up to you, but typically folks with passes and advance tickets arrive before we open to rush 15 minutes before showtime.
6) I bought a FESTIVAL PASS…now what? When you arrive at a venue, be sure to head directly to KCFF box office at the screening venue and we’ll scan your pass, give you a voucher to get into the theatre and you’ll be good to go. You can stop by the box office up to 2 hours before showtime – once you have your voucher for the film, you can pop out and come back anytime before the show starts.
7) What’s the deal with parking? If you’re downtown, parking is free after 5:30 pm on Friday and Saturday and all day Sunday (unless marked otherwise, beware event parking near the KROCK centre)! For other times, you can park in a lot, at a metre, or find side streets that will often have free parking for certain windows of time – lots of options close by!
8) What about parking at the Isabel? On Opening Night, you can park on the side streets for free or pay and display at the Isabel lot ($5 for the night). The rest of the time, parking is FREE in the lot (Friday night, all day Saturday/Sunday). For the opening night reception at the Delta, Empire Life will open their parking lot across the street for KCFF patrons!
9) Thanks to our accommodation sponsors there are discounted festival rates — perfect for out of town visitors or if you’re planning a staycation. Check them out!
10) If the internet isn’t your forte and you’re struggling to buy tickets online, just give us a call and we’ll help you out.