Submissions are now closed for our 2016 festival. Please submit next season!
- Feature Film Program
- Canadian Shorts Program
- C is for Canada Shorts Program
- Local Shorts Program
- Youth Shorts Program
DEADLINES & FEES
Feature Length Films, Canadian Shorts, C is for Canada
- early bird deadline: October 16, 2015 | entry fee $35 Feature, $25 Shorts/C is for Canada
- regular deadline: November 27, 2015 | entry fee $45, $35 Shorts/C is for Canada
Local Shorts & Youth Shorts
- deadline: January 8, 2016 | entry fee: Free
- only submissions of Canadian films by Canadian filmmakers will be considered
- selection will be based on quality and form
- films must be new releases that have not been submitted to KCFF in the past
- films must be in English or in the original language with English subtitles
- there are additional eligibility requirements for each category – please refer to those pages (links above) for specific guidelines
NEW FOR 2016: ALL ENTRIES WILL BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY
Step 1 >> Fill out the applicable form below
You can also Fill out a pdf version of this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the ‘program submission’ in the subject line (ie. ‘Local Shorts Submission’). For selection purposes, we require access to a password-protected online screener. Please be sure that links have been tested and remain live from the time of submission until February 25, 2016. All links should be set to “private” and/or not shared with the general public.
Step 2 >> Pay your submission fee (if applicable) here.
- Presentation formats are composite DCP (jpeg200mxf), DVD, and BluRay
Short Films including Canadian, C is for Canada, Local, and Youth
- We require a digital copy of your film to be used for festival screening purposes. An online link to an HD .mp4 file using the H264 codec is the preferred format but a DVD (Data DVD not a Playable DVD), USB Key. The video link must be active until March 1, 2016. For more information follow Vimeo’s compression guidelines for HD films.
- Available press materials must be shipped to KCFF upon notification of selection
- The filmmaker grants permission for the use of all publicity materials (including preview BluRays and DVDs) to be used for promotional purposes, unless otherwise noted
SCHEDULING & ATTENDANCE
- Scheduling of screening dates, times, and locations is at the sole discretion of KCFF
- Films will automatically be considered for any relevant awards for the appropriate category
- We encourage all filmmakers to attend the festival on behalf of the film, if possible. Please contact festival staff to arrange travel, tickets, and further information, email@example.com