OUR CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS WILL OPEN JUNE 1, 2017!
- *FEATURE FILM: features 60 mins+ | Deadline December 2, 2016
- *SHORT FEATURE: films 20-60 mins | Deadline December 2, 2016
- *CANADIAN SHORTS: short films 20 mins or less | Deadline December 2, 2016
- *C IS FOR CANADA: short films for kids/all ages, 20 mins or less | Deadline December 2, 2016
- LOCAL SHORTS A – EPICS: locally produced short films 20 mins or less | Deadline December 30, 2016
- LOCAL SHORTS B – MINUTES: locally produced short films 6 mins or less | Deadline December 30, 2016
- YOUTH SHORTS: films by youth filmmakers, ages 17 and under | Deadline December 30, 2016
* Categories marked with an asterisk require payment of a submission fee. Pay fee here.
- Only submissions of Canadian films by Canadian filmmakers will be considered. If you have an arguable connection to Canada and are not a Canadian filmmaker, please email us.
- Selection will be based on quality and form.
- Films must be new releases that have not been submitted to KCFF in the past.
- Preference given to films making a premiere: international, national, provincial, regional, local.
- Films must be in English or in the original language with English subtitles.
- It is possible to submit a working copy of a film; please email us for more info.
- Local Shorts: filmmakers must be currently residing in Kingston or have a strong connection to the area deemed appropriate to KCFF. Please explain connection on the submission form.
- Youth Shorts: filmmakers must 17 years of age or under as of the festival start date (March 2, 2017)
KCFF has awards (cash and/or prizes) for:
- Eye on Canada People’s Choice Award: best feature film, voted on by audience.
- Steam Whistle Homebrew Award: best locally produced short film, voted on by jury.
- Youth Short Film Award: best locally produced short film by youth filmmaker, voted on by jury.
- New in 2017: KCFF will introduce a Best Short Film category that will include short films from all categories, voted on by jury.
- Feature Films: presentation formats are composite DCP (jpeg200mxf), DVD, and BluRay
- Short Films: we require a digital copy of your film to be used for festival screening purposes. An online link to an HD .mp4 file using the H264 codec is the preferred format but a DVD (Data DVD not a Playable DVD), USB Key is usable. The video link must be active until March 5, 2017. For more information follow Vimeo’s compression guidelines for HD films.
- Available press materials must be shipped to KCFF upon notification of selection.
- The filmmaker grants permission for the use of all publicity materials (including preview BluRays and DVDs) to be used for promotional purposes, unless otherwise noted.
- Scheduling of screening dates, times, and locations is at the sole discretion of KCFF.
- Films will automatically be considered for any relevant awards for the appropriate category.
- We encourage all filmmakers to attend on behalf of their film, if possible. Please contact KCFF staff to arrange travel, tickets, and other details: email@example.com